Today, Author and my twinnie, Karli Perrin, will be telling us her top 13 books that she read this 2013….
Are any of them yours?
13. Real by Katy Evans – this book had me blushing and swooning at the same time. I’ve got to admit, I was in two minds about Remy at first. I was caught off guard by how alpha he was and I thought that it was a little bit over the top. But as I read on, I realised that he wasn’t just some douchebag with an alpha complex, the guy had layers. He was real. The more I read, the more I didn’t want it to end. If you like alpha males and red hot sex scenes, this book is for you.
12. Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan – this book is raw and edgy. It’s like nothing that I have ever read. If you are a fan of Sons of Anarchy then you’ll love this. It gives you an inside look at the world of bikers and boyyyy is it explosive! The plot is thick with angst so be prepared. It’s like it’s a whole different world where anything can happen. This is not your typical love story but it’s definitely worth the read.
11. Wallbanger by Alice Clayton – this is one of the funniest books that I have ever read. I loved the banter between the two main characters and the plot was really addictive. Read this if you’re looking for a fun and sexy break from the heavy stuff.
10. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines – this is SO addictive and you really get attached to the characters. The writing made me feel like I was transported into the characters world. It left me wanting more and I immediately bought book two and three.
9. Bad Things by R.K.Lilley – this is a crazy, explosive love story. The chemistry between the two main characters was sizzling and I had a smile on my face for the majority of the book. I say majority because there was some crying involved. Okay, a lot of crying involved. I was flipping the pages like a crazy woman.
8. Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken – Every now and again, I come across a book which makes me stop and think. Ruin is a perfect example of this. This book stayed with me for a long time after reading it. It has an awesome plot and awesome characters but there’s some life lesson in there too. What more could you want?
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth – wow. I kept hearing awesome things about this book so I decided to read it a few weeks ago. Afterwards, I questioned why it took me so long. I usually read NA so this was a refreshing change for me. The plot was unique and the characters and concepts completely sucked me in. I immediately read book two and three afterwards.
6. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young – I love this series. The writing is fast paced and the dialogue is funny and sexy. I enjoyed watching the relationship between the two main characters blossom and was always left wanting more. This is an easy read which will leave you with a smile on your face.
5. Red Hill by Jamie McGuire – this book blew me away. I didn’t know what to expect when I started reading it. I knew it was about zombies and I knew it was going to have a love story in there somewhere. Let me tell you, this was amazing. I couldn’t put it down. I read it whenever I got a spare couple of minutes. The storyline is so realistic to the point where I actually got a little jumpy and expected to see zombies walking past my windows! If you are a fan of The Walking Dead then you will love this.
4. The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher – I get chills thinking about this book. Words cannot describe how awesome the whole series is. The author takes risks with her plot and characters and it definitely pays off. Don’t get me wrong, I love rainbows and unicorns but I also appreciate the truth. And the truth is sometimes ugly. This book sucks you in, rips your heart out, stamps on it and then puts it back in. It’s a wild rollercoaster ride but definitely worth it.
3. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover – I don’t even know where to start. This book is just bursting with awesome. Awesome plot, awesome characters and awesome dialogue. It’s nothing like anything else I have read. It’s heart breaking in parts but other parts had me smiling like a crazy woman. This is definitely in my top five books of all time. Trust me, you need this book in your life. You also need Holder in your life, telling you how ugly you are (read the book, you’ll understand what I mean).
2. Slammed by Colleen Hoover – I actually get jealous when I hear that people are reading this for the first time. This book left me with so many feels. Sometimes I have a hard time relating to characters and over the top plot lines but this book was so real. It was believable. Out of all the book boyfriends, Will Cooper is the most believable. I don’t doubt for a second that there are men like him walking around on this lovely planet of ours. This is so much more than a love story. The poetry adds an extra layer to these books which leave you blown away. It made me want to go and watch a poetry slam in real life.
1. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire – I read a lot of awesome books so when I say that this is my favourite book of all time, you should automatically know that it’s epic. If you’re looking for an introduction to NA, then you should read this book. We get angst, love, hate, friendship and humour all rolled into a massive ball of awesomeness. I will defend and recommend this book until I’m blue in the face. Please, do yourself a favour and read this book.
Talk to Karli: