So…I’d like to thank http://thepermanentmonday.wordpress.com for the nomination of The Leibster Award. To be honest with you, I have never heard of it, but I’ve found out it aims to discover new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and that only blogs with under 200 followers can be nominated. I’m sure there is another Leibster Award for blogs with thousands of followers, but I like that it’s for us ‘newer’ blogs, trying to make a name for ourselves out there is in blogosphere.
Once you’ve been nominated, you answer the 11 questions that the blog who nominated you asks you and then you yourself, create 11 questions and nominate 11 other blogs. Caught up with that? Good.
Anyway, here are my answers to The Permanent Monday 🙂
1. Pick a country that you’ve always wanted to go to.
This is a hard question, because I want to travel the world badly, its just due to insuficiant funds that that’s not possible at the moment. The country(s) I do want to visit though are: Norway – to see the Northern Lights and Canada – just because I’ve been researching it a lot over the years and I really want to do a gap year out there.
2. How many languages do you speak, and what are they?
Only one. English. Although I can speak a bit of French and Welsh.
3. Favorite authors from four different genres?
Holy crap. Okay.
1.Jade C Jamison. I LOVE her and her books. So check her out if you haven’t yet. She’s not really one genre. Shes a mix. I’d say more New Adult.
2. Lauren Oliver. Delerium series. I love these books and cannot wait for the last one. This is YA Dystopian.
3. Olivia Cunning. Her Sinners series. Holy hell, its super hot and I cannot wait until Eric’s book is out.
4. Sophie Kinsella. I have loved her since I was in school and my friend leant me her books. She’s comtemp romance. I’ve loved all her books so far.
4. Sprite or 7Up?
I have to say sprite. But flat sprite. Totally the best thing ever!
5. What’s your dream job?
To work in publishing. Whether it’s marketing the books I love to read or discovering new authors to snatch up and promote their books. Anything to do with books and I’d be happy.
6. Would you rather be a single child or have siblings? And why?
Well, seeing as I have a brother – who is a year tounger – I’d have to say sibling. Only because I have no idea what it would be like to be an only child. Probablu boring and I love my brother.
7. What book-to-movie adaptation are you most excited to see?
At the moment, I’m excited to see Catching Fire and The Host! Although I heard that The Fault in Our Stars is going to be a movie. I’m currently reading it and would LOVE to see it on the big screen.
8. Ski or snowboard? (If you don’t know any, which one would you want to learn?)
Offfft. I’ve never had to opportunity to do either, but I would love to sky. It seems the safer option for me.
9. If you could bring them to life, what are three characters you would pick? (TV shows, books, movies etc)
Oh my god, you can’t do this to me! It’s too hard because I love too many people. Right, I’d love Andrew from The Edge of Never. He’s perfect and I’d want to go on the road trip with him.
Max from 2 Broke Girls. She would be an AWESOME best friend. And Noah Puckerman from Glee. I have had such a crush on him from series one. I reckon all of these would totally get on!
(I would love to add Schmidt from New Girl in too)
10. Favorite sport?
Got to say football and rugby.
11. Why did you choose to start a blog?
I’ve been blogging for a couple of year now. I have one blog I posted my articles etc on whilst I did my journalism degree at university and then in October, last year, I decided to start a book review blog up. Mainly because I get through books so fast and I recommend books to my friends all the time I just wanted other people to have the chance to read my review and decide if that book was for them to buy. Hopefully I’ve imfluenced someone’s opinion on a book so much so that they have gone and bought it and enjoyed it. That’s all I want from my blog. For people to love the book as much as I did.
So these are my answers, now it’s time for the results of the nominations. *Drum Roll*
1. The Permanent Monday http://thepermanentmonday.wordpress.com
2. Sophie’s World Of Books http://sophiesworldofbooks.wordpress.com
3. Pretty Book http://theprettybooks.wordpress.com/
4. We love Books http://newtoread.wordpress.com/
5. The Book Bunny http://thebookbunny.wordpress.com/
Sorry if you do have over 200 followers. I like your blogs and also it doesn’t say how many followers you have.
Here are my questions.
1. What is your all time favourite book and why?
2. If you could marry a book character, who would it be?
3. Do you prefer the book or film adaptation?
4. If money was no object, where in the world would you go?
5. What made you want to start a book blog?
6. What super power would you love to have?
7. What book are you reading now?
8. Which one person, dead or alive, would you most want to be stranded on a desert island with?
9. What is your favourite drink? (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
10. Family Guy or American Dad?
11. Favourite show as a child?
I just realized I follow blogs that have waaay over 200 followers, so when I find some much, I’ll definitely go nominate them. But right now, it’s a little list of great blogs 🙂
Have a great day fellow book lovers!